Develop and apply procurement processes related to the solicitation of technology services through external providers. This includes the review of proposals, setting of vendor selection guidelines, risk assessment through appropriate audits and tests and selection of external service providers based on stipulated evaluation criteria.
Level 1 (Follow)
Level 2 (Assist)
- Conduct research and simple quality, risk and security checks on IT vendors, preparing draft documents and materials required in the procurement process.
- Assist in the preparation of pre-qualification questionnaires and tender invitations in response to business cases.
- Assemble relevant information for tenders.
- Produce detailed evaluation criteria for simple tender criteria.
- Assist in the evaluation of tenders.
- Prepare pre-qualification questionnaires and tender invitations in response to business cases.
- Recognise the difference between open source and proprietary systems options.
- Apply standard procedures and tools to produce detailed evaluation criteria for complex tenders and to evaluate tenders.
Level 3 (Apply)
- Prepare Requests for Proposals (RFP), and assess them against selection criteria and technical specifications, implement security due diligence review in the vendor selection process.
- Review business cases (requirements, potential benefits and options) and determine appropriate procurement routes.
- Use market knowledge to inform specifications, and ensure detailed pre-qualification questionnaires and tender invitations are prepared.
- Collect and collate data to support collaboration and negotiate terms and conditions to reflect the scale of requirements and encourage good performance.
- Evaluate tenders based on specification and evaluation criteria, prepare acceptance documentation and advise on contracts and SLAs.
Level 4 (Ensure)
- Develop a procurement plan including vendor selection guidelines, and select a suitable service provider considering potential risks.
- Plan and manage procurement activities.
- Manage tender, evaluation and acquisition processes.
- Research suppliers and markets, and maintain a broad understanding of the commercial environment in order to inform and develop commercial strategies and sourcing plans.
- Advise on the business case for alternative sourcing models.
- Advise on policy and procedures covering tendering, the selection of suppliers and procurement.
- Negotiate with potential partners and suppliers, developing acceptance criteria and procedures.
- Draft and place contracts.
Level 5 (Strategise)
- Develop policy and procedures for sourcing and procurement activities.
- Establish procurement strategies, standards, methods, processes and good practices that ensure compliance with legislation, regulation and third-party information security.
- Lead the procurement process, from clarifying requirements through to placing, monitoring and terminating contracts.
- Identify external partners, engaging with professionals in related disciplines as appropriate.
- Ensure that terms and conditions are aligned with current legislation and policy.
- Establish an organisation-wide procurement process as well as policies and criteria for security due diligence review, retaining accountability for procurement decisions made.
- Determine overall strategies for managing supplier relationships, embracing effective operational relationships at all levels.
- Take overall responsibility for sourcing and procurement activities.
- Develop, deploy and review acquisition processes.
- Negotiate major contracts.