Evaluate and optimise network, system and/or software performance against user and business requirements. This involves the introduction and utilisation of new tools and mechanisms to gather, analyse and fully optimise performance data. This also includes the initiation of controls, modifications and new investments to enhance end-to-end performance of ICT components, systems and services.
Level 1 (Follow)
Level 2 (Assist)
Level 3 (Apply)
- Develop a performance management framework that meets the asset management system objectives, levels of service and requirements.
- Design a performance management framework that is balanced and concise.
- Test the performance framework to ensure it delivers the desired objectives and avoid unintended consequences.
- Establish metrics and mechanisms to assess network, software or system performance, and determine ICT infrastructure components and parameters to be enhanced.
Level 4 (Ensure)
- Evaluate and integrate new mechanisms and technology, and leverage analytics to optimise performance data, and determine implications of performance levels reported.
- Review the risk register and report the performance of the mitigation measures.
- Identify benefits realised from the opportunities taken.
- Chart direction on key performance indicators of ICT infrastructure and develop a strategy to enable achievement to achieve long term business requirements.
Level 5 (Strategise)