Extract useful business insights, plan and conduct marketing and digital research and analysis to uncover market, customer and competitor trends. This also includes assessing the effectiveness of marketing activities and developing ways of optimising marketing efforts
Level 1 (Follow)
Level 2 (Assist)
- Analyse product performance, market trends and marketing effectiveness, conduct research and collect data on customers and competitors to support.
- Use the organisation’s information systems and external customer and market information sources to develop customer, service and market insights.
Level 3 (Apply)
- Market competitor and client research activities, plan and analyse trends and dynamics through collected data.
- Understand the range of metrics used to measure value and effectiveness. Use analytics and tailored research to review the effectiveness of key marketing activities.
- Develop and implement an effective research strategy to guide and direct the strategic marketing planning process and to inform business planning overall.
- Lead the research strategy for the organisation and make a significant contribution to the marketing and strategic planning processes.
Level 4 (Ensure)
- Expertise in research and make a strong contribution to executive team and board, problem solving and decision-making processes.
- Influence the organisation’s ICT strategy, to ensure that the organisation has the ability to manage and mine big data.
- Strongly support the organisation’s capacity to implement its market research strategy. Ensure the overall strategy meets the business’s strategic information needs.
- Optimise the amount and quality of responses and business insights through direct market research and analytics activities and processes.
Level 5 (Strategise)
- Define critical business issues, develop new ways of optimising digital data and presenting marketing and digital research insights to senior management.
- Provide clear leadership across the organisation and demonstrate the power of effective research to appropriately drive problem solving and strategic decision making.