Market Evaluation / Market Intelligence
The research, analysis and stimulation of potential or existing markets for IT and related products and services, both to provide a sound basis for business development and to generate a satisfactory flow of customer enquiries.
Level 1 (Follow)
Level 2 (Assist)
- Collect and monitor results of marketing activities.
- Assist in market research and data collection providing summary reports of their findings.
- Understand the basic principles of marketing and tools used by the organisation for planning, implementing and monitoring marketing activities.
Level 3 (Apply)
- Leverage on market research materials, customer and employee insights and other sources, to identify industry trends, needs and opportunities.
- Select and use marketing tools appropriate to the allocated assignment.
- Conduct market research.
- Maintain relevant information, including lessons learned from previous campaigns, and effectiveness measures for current and previous activities.
- Contribute to marketing plans, identifying and articulating unique selling points and key messages for marketing material.
- Present and communicate at marketing events.
Level 4 (Ensure)
- Plan and conduct market research to investigate and understand customer and competitor dynamics.
- Use appropriate channels and tools to engage with the desired audience.
- Use research and lessons learned to inform marketing plans.
- Create unique selling points and key messages for marketing material.
- Make creative use of elements relevant to both digital and traditional environments, and drafts appropriate support materials.
- Analyse the effectiveness of campaigns and services, and their impact on audience behaviour and business outcomes.
- Organise and participate actively in marketing events.
Level 5 (Strategise)
- Manage and monitor market research, analysis and the marketing planning process.
- Devise and manage marketing campaigns within specified budgets to meet specified objectives.
- Advise on brand management and promotion of corporate reputation.
- Play an active role in promoting engagement of staff and business partners.
- Produce marketing materials and stage events.
- Find innovative solutions to marketing problems.
- Use experience and data to make recommendations to senior management.
- Review and report on the effectiveness of marketing approaches and services and their impact on business outcomes.
- Provide oversight of all marketing plans and direct the marketing planning process.