Develop, select and apply algorithms and advanced computational methods to enable systems or software agents to learn, improve, adapt and produce desired outcomes or tasks. This also involves the interpretation of data, including the application of data modelling techniques to explore and address a specific issues or requirements.
Level 1 (Follow)
Level 2 (Assist)
Level 3 (Apply)
- Identify and utilise appropriate statistical algorithms and data models to test hypotheses and derive patterns or solutions.
- Establish, modify or maintain simple data structures and associated components.
- Use specific data modelling and design techniques under guidance.
- Apply standard data modelling and design techniques based upon a detailed understanding of requirements.
- Establish, modify and maintain data structures and associated components.
- Communicate the details of data structures and associated components to others using the data structures and associated components.
Level 4 (Ensure)
- Investigate enterprise data requirements where there is some complexity and ambiguity.
- Plan own data modelling and design activities, selecting appropriate techniques and the correct level of detail for meeting assigned objectives.
- Provide advice and guidance to others using the data structures and associated components.
Level 5 (Strategise)
- Set standards for data modelling and design tools and techniques, advise on their application and ensure compliance.
- Manage the investigation of enterprise data requirements based upon a detailed understanding of information requirements.
- Coordinate the application of analysis, design and modelling techniques to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components.
- Manage the iteration, review and maintenance of data requirements and data models.