Implement cloud solutions to enhance business performance and security of IT systems.
Level 1 (Follow)
Level 2 (Assist)
Level 3 (Apply)
- Deploy cloud solutions and resolve cloud integration issues.
- Design cloud services and capabilities using appropriate modelling techniques following agreed architectures, design standards, patterns and methodology.
- Identify and evaluate alternative design options and trade-offs.
- Create multiple design views to address the concerns of the different stakeholders of the architecture and to handle both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Model, simulate or prototype the behaviour of proposed cloud services to enable approval by stakeholders.
- Produce detailed service design specification to form the basis for the realisation of cloud-based service solutions.
- Review, verify and improve own designs against specifications.
Level 4 (Ensure)
- Develop plans to implement cloud solutions.
- Adopt and adapt appropriate cloud computing design methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches, and ensure they are applied effectively.
- Design large or complex cloud-based service solutions.
- Undertake impact analysis on major design options and trade-off.
- Make recommendations and assess and manage associated risks.
- Review others’ cloud-based service designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple cloud providers and technology.
- Ensure that the cloud-based service design balances functional and non-functional requirements.
- Contribute to development of service design policies and standards and selection of architecture components and building blocks.
- Plan and direct migration of IT services from traditional infrastructure to cloud computing-based infrastructures and/or services.
Level 5 (Strategise)
- Develop organisational policies, standards, guidelines, and methods for cloud-based service design.
- Champion the importance and value of cloud-based design principles and the selection of appropriate service design life cycle models; whether predictive (plan-driven) approaches or more adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Drive adoption of and adherence to relevant policies, standards, strategies and architectures.
- Lead cloud-based service design activities for strategic, large and complex solution development programmes.
- Develop effective implementation and procurement strategies, consistent with specified requirements, architectures and constraints of performance and feasibility.
- Develop cloud-based service solutions requiring introduction of new technologies or new uses for existing technologies.
- Evaluate the suitability of cloud computing-based solutions for IT services considering policies, standards, cost-effectiveness, performance and corporate strategy.