Stay focused on the efforts necessary to achieve quality results consistent with institutional and departmental goals. Demonstrate the ability to achieve effective results; demonstrate concern for the successful achievement of results; work persistently to overcome obstacles to goal achievement.
- Clarify results/expectations for all work he/she is taking on; go back to manager if there is any lack of clarity about results/expectations.
- Stay focused on task despite distractions, demonstrating commitment to the successful achievement of challenging goals.
- Clearly define the expected output and results of all assignments and projects.
- Put in extra efforts (above what would normally be required) to accomplish a goal.
- Take on-going, repeated action to overcome obstacles to goal achievement.
- Look for and identify better, faster, less expensive, or more efficient ways to achieve results.
- Continuously monitor progress towards goal achievements and act decisively when progress is stalling.
- Willingly take on difficult assignments.
- Give advice and guidance to others on how to define their work in terms of results expectations.
- Reinforce effective behaviours and results in others.
- Take multiple, different actions to overcome resistance or obstacles.
- Engage others who can help “turn the tides” towards successful goal achievement.
- Hold self and others accountable for achieving results.
- Willingly take on very difficult tasks and assignments.
- Facilitate progress towards desired results by anticipating potential obstacles and taking steps to avoid or minimise the barriers.
- Continuously “raise the bar” for increasingly high levels of excellence and success.
- Willingly take on the most complex and difficult assignments and ensure the successful achievement of expected results.