Handle disappointment and/or rejection while maintaining effectiveness. Stay with a position or plan of action until the desirable objective is achieved or is no longer reasonably attainable.
- Pursue objectives with energy and persistence.
- Set high personal standards for performance.
- Adapt working methods in order to achieve objectives.
- Accept ownership of and responsibility for own work.
- Do not give up at the first obstacle.
- Measure progress against targets.
- Acknowledge the work and contribution of others.
- Make adjustments to activities/processes based on feedback.
- Seek to understand reasons for obstacles and to find ways to overcome.
- Maintain performance after disappointment or rejection.
- Assist others in dealing with disappointment/rejection.
- Tackle difficult and complex problems and take personal responsibility and accountability for reaching solutions.
- Remain determined despite frequent obstacles.
- Maintain enthusiasm of others after disappointment or rejection; bounce back very quickly.
- Lead others through dealing with disappointment/rejection.
- Re-engineer or create new processes and systems to get around obstacles.
- Anticipate problems and proactively design contingency plans.
- Make decision through weighing up the cost-benefit and risk implications.
- Stay the course in the face of adversity while ensuring the motivation and commitment of others.
- Lead the organisation through challenging times.
- Build organisation-wide support for the cause and appoint champions.
- Re-engineer or create new strategy to get around obstacles.
- Proactively scan environment to identify long-term risks and proactively designs contingency plans.