Develop, review and communicate a clear, quality expectations and standards within an organisation that are aligned to the company's values and business objectives. This encompasses the setting and implementation of quality expectations for IT products and services delivered to both internal or external client.
Level 1 (Follow)
Level 2 (Assist)
Level 3 (Apply)
- Assess existing quality standards and align processes and activities with IT product and service quality expectations.
- Contribute to the collection of evidence and the conduct of formal audits or reviews of activities.
- Examine records for evidence that appropriate testing and other quality control activities have taken place.
- Determine compliance with organisational directives, standards and procedures and identify non-compliances, non-conformances and abnormal occurrences.
- Plan, organise and conduct assessment activity and determines whether appropriate quality control has been applied.
- Conduct formal assessments or reviews for given domain areas, suppliers, or parts of the supply chain.
- Collate, collect and examine records, analyse the evidence and drafts all or part of formal compliance reports.
- Determine the risks associated with findings and non-compliance and propose corrective actions.
- Provide advice and guidance in the use of organisational standards.
Level 4 (Ensure)
- Establish and control quality expectations in line with organisation directions and selected benchmarks.
- Debug very complex or urgent problems.
- Analyse and model business functions, processes, and information flow within or between systems.
- Provide guidance/mentorship on programming practices and techniques to individuals and cross-functional teams.
- Plan, organise and conduct formal reviews and assessments of complex domains areas, cross-functional areas, and across the supply chain.
- Evaluate, appraise and identify non-compliances with organisational standards and determine the underlying reasons for non-compliance.
- Prepare and report on assessment findings and associated risks.
- Ensure that appropriate owners for corrective actions are identified.
- Identify opportunities to improve organisational control mechanisms.
- Oversee the assurance activities of others, providing advice and expertise to support assurance activity
Level 5 (Strategise)
- Lead, develop and be accountable for an organisational approach and commitment to quality assurance.
- Ensure that quality assurance parameters and activities are robust and reliable, and appropriately tailored to the organisation’s quality objectives.
- Plan and resource the organisational quality assurance setting activities, using internal or third-party resources.
- Consider the implications of emerging technology, approaches, trends, regulations and legislation.
- Monitor and report on quality standard activities, levels of compliance, and improvement opportunities.
- Review organisation’s quality guidelines against emerging trends and industry best practices, ensuring alignment with company values and objectives.