Specify and create a data structure or database model, including the setting of various parameters or fields that can be modified to suit different structured or unstructured data requirements, the design of data flow, as well as the development of mechanisms for maintenance, storage and retrieval of data based on the business requirements.
Level 1 (Follow)
Level 2 (Assist)
Level 3 (Apply)
- Identify data requirements and support the design of database models, incorporating parameters, fields and mechanisms for the maintenance, storage and retrieval of data.
- Interpret installation standards to meet project needs and produces database or data warehouse component specifications.
- Develop appropriate physical database or data warehouse design elements, within set policies, to meet data requirements.
Level 4 (Ensure)
- Implement physical database designs to support transactional data requirements for performance and availability.
- Develop and maintain specialist knowledge of database and data warehouse concepts, design principles, architectures, software and facilities.
- Assess proposed changes to object/data structures and evaluate alternative options.
- Implement data warehouse designs that support demands for business intelligence and data analytics.
Level 5 (Strategise)
- Provide specialist expertise in the design characteristics of database management systems or data warehouse products/services.
- Provide expert guidance in the selection, provision and use of database and data warehouse architectures, software and facilities.
- Ensure that physical database design policy supports transactional data requirements for performance and availability.
- Ensure that data warehouse design policy supports demands for business intelligence and data analytics.