Network Administration And Maintenance
Monitor the network in order to provide for optimum levels of network performance and minimisation of downtime. This includes detection, isolation, recovery and limitation of the impact of failures on the network as well as provision of support to system users through ongoing maintenance information sharing and training.
Level 1 (Follow)
- Contribute to the operational configuration of network components.
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of network problems.
- Assist with specified maintenance procedures.
Level 2 (Assist)
- Carry out agreed network maintenance tasks and specified operational configuration of network components.
- Establish and diagnose network problems/faults using the required troubleshooting methodology and tools.
- Use network management software and tools to collect agreed performance and traffic statistics.
Level 3 (Apply)
- Maintain the network support process and check that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
- Ensure network configurations are applied to meet operational requirements in line with agreed procedures.
- Use network management software and tools to investigate and diagnose network problems, collect performance statistics and create reports.
Level 4 (Ensure)
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and capability in software construction, testing, infrastructure, configuration, a wide range of system development methodologies and operating standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge in multiple applications, data management systems and technologies or in a single area of expertise.
- Demonstrate application and corporate knowledge, and understand how a change would affect multiple applications.
Level 5 (Strategise)
- Draft and maintain procedures and documentation for network support and operation.
- Make a significant contribution to the investigation, diagnosis and resolution of network problems.
- Ensure that all requests for support are dealt with according to set standards and procedures.
- Develop policy and standards for software construction.