IT Project Management
Knowledge and ability to apply formal project management principles and practices during the planning, implementation, monitoring and completion of projects, ensuring effective management of scope, resources, time, cost, quality, risk, and communications.
Level 1 (Follow)
- Demonstrate awareness of the platform principles and procedures.
- Understand need for capacity planning and system performance management.
- Operate platform at a simple level under supervision.
- Demonstrate awareness of the standards for the platform.
Level 2 (Assist)
- Understand the platform technology and concepts.
- Understand how basic platform concepts relate to each other and apply them.
- Understand how the platform integrates with other environments, at a basic level, from an end-user perspective.
- Operate the platform at a simple level.
- Troubleshoot basic physical or software problems.
- Understand and apply the standards.
Level 3 (Apply)
- Manage a complete multi-stage project in own area.
- Identify, allocate and manage resources needed to meet project objectives.
- Develop and manage the project plan, including timelines, deliverables, milestones, and costs.
- Identify potential roadblocks and risks and develop contingency plans to deal with them.
- Oversee implementation of the project plan, monitor progress, resource usage and quality, and make needed adjustments.
Level 4 (Ensure)
- Manage complex, multifaceted/interrelated IT projects that span own area or department boundaries.
- Conduct comprehensive risk assessment and develop plans for eliminating and mitigating the risks identified.
- Mentor other project managers.
- Understand the impact of the project on the department.
- Develop complex plans (e.g., with interdependencies or cross-department).
- Articulate project Implementation standards.
Level 5 (Strategise)
- Oversee/manage large, highly complex, diverse or strategic projects that impact the organisation as a whole.
- Develop departmental policies and standards.
- Market project management principles and benefits across the department.
- Set/evolve the vision of how project management should be done.
- Change project management practices.
- Know multiple project management disciplines.