Infrastructure Management (Systems Engineer)
Knowledge and ability to support the enterprise computing infrastructure (e.g., enterprise servers, client server, storage devices and systems, hardware, and software) in the provision, management, storage, operation, scheduling, support, and maintenance of the infrastructure.
Level 1 (Follow)
Level 2 (Assist)
- Understand the platform technology and concepts.
- Understand how basic concepts relate to each other and apply them.
- Understand how the platform integrates with other environments, at a basic level, from an end-user perspective.
- Operate the platform at a simple level.
- Troubleshoot basic physical or software problems.
- Understand and apply the standards.
Level 3 (Apply)
- Understand how the platform integrates with other environments (e.g., network).
- Participate in day-to-day operations (e.g., monitoring operations of the platform).
- Use performance data collection tools and techniques.
- Install software and hardware on the platform.
- Solves routine problems.
- Solve typical hardware and software problems.
- Use diagnostic tools to solve complex problems.
- Execute standards.
Level 4 (Ensure)
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of an area of expertise.
- Contribute to high-level architecture.
- Evaluate/pilot new technologies, assess the results, identify how they integrate with the platform and implement them.
- Carry out performance measurement and capacity planning.
- Incorporate business requirements such as high availability, redundancy, and disaster recovery into platform design.
- Resolve complex problems.
- Develop and monitor/enforce standards and procedures for new technology configuration and implementation.
- Mentor/guide individuals and cross-functional teams.
Level 5 (Strategise)
- Establish an integration strategy and a clear vision for an integrated ICT architectural design.