Infrastructure Management (Network Engineer & Network Team Lead)
Knowledge and ability to support the enterprise computing infrastructure (e.g., enterprise servers, client server, storage devices and systems, hardware, and software) in the provision, management, storage, operation, scheduling, support, and maintenance of the infrastructure.
Level 1 (Follow)
- Demonstrate awareness of the platform principles and procedures.
- Understand the need for capacity planning and performance management.
- Operate the platform at a simple level under supervision.
- Demonstrate awareness of the standards for the platform.
Level 2 (Assist)
- Understand the platform technology and concepts.
- Understand how basic concepts relate to each other and apply them.
- Understand how the platform integrates with other environments, at a basic level, from an end-user perspective.
- Operate the platform at a simple level.
- Troubleshoot basic physical or software problems.
- Understand and apply the standards.
Level 3 (Apply)
- Understand how the platform integrates with other environments (e.g., network).
- Participate in day-to-day operations (e.g., monitoring operations of the platform).
- Use performance data collection tools and techniques.
- Install software and hardware on the platform.
- Solve routine problems.
- Solve typical hardware and software problems.
- Use diagnostic tools to solve complex problems.
- Execute standards.
Level 4 (Ensure)
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of an area of expertise.
- Contribute to high-level architecture.
- Evaluate/pilot new technologies, assess the results, identify how they integrate with the platform and implement them.
- Carry out performance measurement and capacity planning.
- Incorporate business requirements such as high availability, redundancy, and disaster recovery into platform design.
- Resolve complex problems.
- Develop and monitor/enforce standards and procedures for new technology configuration and implementation.
- Mentor/guide individuals and cross-functional teams.
Level 5 (Strategise)
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of platform principles, technology, government-wide technology initiatives and technological trends.
- Demonstrate an intimate knowledge of the environment, interdependencies, and impact of change.
- Provide effective strategic direction to enterprise-wide platform design and initiatives.
- Develop enterprise-wide multi-disciplinary architectural and design documents.
- Resolve very complex problems and recommend capacity and performance improvements.
- Conduct procurement for platform hardware and services.
- Set standards and technology direction for the platform.
- Lead the development of people in the infrastructure domain.