IT Asset Management
Manage, optimise and protect the organisation's IT assets. This includes the timely purchase, deployment, categorisation, maintenance and phase out of IT assets within the organisation in a way that optimises business value. Also includes development and implementation of procedures to guide the proper handling, usage and storage of IT assets to limit potential business or legal risks.
Level 1 (Follow)
Level 2 (Assist)
- Procure and categorise IT assets across different life cycle stages, and monitor IT asset levels regularly.
- Use agreed procedures to create and maintain an accurate register of assets.
- Perform activities related to the administration of assets.
- Produce routine reports to assist asset management activities and decision-making.
Level 3 (Apply)
- Determine the IT assets to be procured and guidelines for proper handling, storage and maintenance, and manage the phase-in and phase-out of IT assets.
Apply tools, techniques and processes to create and maintain an accurate asset register.
- Produce reports and analysis to support asset management activities and aid decision-making.
- Control assets in one or more significant areas ensuring that administration of full life cycle of assets is carried out.
- Produce and analyse registers and histories of authorised assets and verify that all these assets are in a known state and location.
- Act to highlight and resolve potential instances of unauthorised assets.
Level 4 (Ensure)
- Integrate understanding of future IT asset requirements and policy changes to define an asset management plan that optimises business value and minimise risk.
- Manage and maintain the service compliance of IT and service assets in line with business and regulatory requirements.
- Identify, assess and communicate associated risks.
- Ensure asset controllers, infrastructure teams and the business co-ordinate and optimise value, maintain control and maintain appropriate legal compliance.
Level 5 (Strategise)
- Set the strategy for asset management across the organisation.
- Communicate the policy, governance, scope, and roles involved in asset management.
- Promote awareness of and commitment to the role of asset management in the continuing economic and effective provision of services.
- Provide information and advice on complex asset management issues.
- Initiate impact assessment arising from decisions to obtain, change or continue the possession or use of an asset, system or service.