Plan and perform activities to migrate data between computer storage types or file formats.
Level 1 (Follow)
Level 2 (Assist)
- Assist in providing accessibility, retrievability, security and protection of data in an ethical manner.
Level 3 (Apply)
- Apply ethical and robust techniques in the transformation of data from one format/medium to another, in line with organisational policies and procedures and being sensitive to risks around the use of information.
- Prepare data and perform manual or automated data migration.
- Troubleshoot database errors faced.
- Validate migrated data post-migration to ensure accuracy.
- Take responsibility for the accessibility, retrievability, security, quality, retention and ethical handling of specific subsets of data.
- Assess the integrity of data from multiple sources.
- Provide advice on the transformation of data/information from one format or medium to another.
- Maintain and implement information handling procedures.
- Enable the availability, integrity and searchability of information through the application of formal data and metadata structures and protection measures.
- Manipulate specific data from information services to satisfy defined information needs.
Level 4 (Ensure)
- Devise and implement master data management processes, including classification, security, quality, ethical principles, retrieval and retention processes.
- Derive data management structures and metadata to support consistency of information retrieval, combination, analysis, pattern recognition and interpretation, throughout the organisation.
- Plan effective data storage, sharing and publishing within the organisation.
- Independently validate external information from multiple sources.
- Assess issues which might prevent the organisation from making maximum use of its information assets.
Level 5 (Strategise)
- Derive an overall strategy of master data management, within an established information architecture, that supports the development and secure operation of information and digital services.
- Develop organisational policies, standards and guidelines for data management, aligned with ethical principles.
- Take overall responsibility for planning effective data storage, security, quality, sharing, availability, retention and publishing within the organisation.
- Plan, establish and manage processes for regular and consistent access to data, and independent validation of external information from multiple sources.