Apply legal and ethical principles in the collection, use, storage and disposal of data.
Level 1 (Follow)
Level 2 (Assist)
Level 3 (Apply)
- Apply and uphold principles of professional, legal and ethical conduct, policies and procedures in the handling of data.
- Fully understand the importance and application of security and ethics to own work and the operation of the organisation.
- Understand how own role impacts security and ethics, and demonstrate routine security and ethical practice and knowledge required for own work.
- Fully aware of and comply with essential organisational security and ethical practices expected of the individual.
- Proactively ensure security and ethics are appropriately addressed within their area by self and others.
- Engage or work with security and ethics specialists as necessary.
- Contribute to the security and ethics culture of the organisation.
Level 4 (Ensure)
- Analyse unethical practices and apply ethical decision-making models and strategies to address ethical dilemmas and issues.
- Contribute to the security and ethics culture of the organisation and ensures implementation in area of responsibility.
Level 5 (Strategise)
- Champion security and ethics within own area of work and throughout the organisation.
- Take a leading role in promoting security and ethics throughout own area of responsibilities and collectively in the organisation.