Creativity & Innovation
Generate creative solutions to work situations. Generate and promotes new ideas and uses them to develop new or improved processes, methods, systems, solutions, products, or services; try different and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities.
- Generate ideas for own area of responsibility.
- Try new methods for completing required tasks more efficiently.
- Contribute ideas in team meetings.
- Generate ideas beyond own area of responsibility, benefiting the team or department.
- Question established processes and procedures to find a better way.
- Help to develop new approaches by building on the ideas of others.
- Possess good judgement of which ideas and suggestions.
- Generate ideas for creatively applying existing technology or processes to the benefit of the department/organisation.
- Continually look for ways to expand the department’s capabilities.
- Energise others to come up with creative ideas.
- Facilitate idea generation by creating networking opportunities.
- Promote the further development and implementation of creative ideas.
- Assess the impact of institutional/legislative/policy/context changes and determine appropriate tactics to respond.
- Generate ideas that create breakthrough opportunities and change (not just extensions of the past).
- Continually examine and challenge the assumptions of organisation policies and strategies.
- Lead initiatives to promote creativity and innovation throughout the department/organisation.
- Translate creative ideas into strategies and plans that will succeed in the organisation.
- Anticipate how institutional/legislative/policy/context changes will affect the organisation and develop strategies to capitalise on these changes.