Manage stakeholder expectations and needs by aligning those with requirements and objectives of the organisation. This involves planning of actions to effectively communicate with, negotiate with and influence stakeholders.
Level 1 (Follow)
Level 2 (Assist)
- Identify key stakeholder relationships, needs and interests, and coordinate with stakeholders on a day-to-day basis.
- Serve as the organisation’s main contact point for stakeholder communications, clarifying responsibilities among stakeholders, and engaging them to align expectations.
- Understand which external and internal stakeholders are relevant to own work.
Level 3 (Apply)
- Develop a stakeholder engagement plan and negotiate with stakeholders to arrive at mutually beneficial arrangements.
- Build relationships with relevant external peers reflecting business needs.
- Be an ambassador for the organisation, supporting its strategy and living its values and behaviours.
- Proactively share information gained from external stakeholder engagement in a helpful and timely way.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with internal peers and other colleagues, in ways that help to deliver the strategy as a whole.
Level 4 (Ensure)
- Define a strategic stakeholder management roadmap, and lead critical discussions and negotiations, addressing escalated issues or problems encountered.
- Build relationships and networks with relevant external peers, regulators, relevant stakeholders or professional bodies.
- Maintain a positive approach to influence, persuade and negotiate effectively as required by the project(s).
- Develop and maintain an understanding of different approaches to stakeholder management and be able to make an informed recommendation about which approach to use to maximum effect.
- Develop awareness and identify opportunities to collaborate effectively.
Level 5 (Strategise)
- Establish the overall vision for the alignment of organisation’s and stakeholders’ objectives, co-creating shared goals and strategic initiatives with senior stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of the organisation’s stakeholder landscape, interactions and linkages across it, trends over time, and future movements.
- Play a key role in using stakeholder engagement (including collaborative working) to deliver strategic benefits. This may include developing networks and influencing on issues beyond regulation.
- Drive the development of stakeholder activities across the organisation remit to maintain relationships that deliver maximum strategic benefit.