Assess and test the overall effectiveness and performance of an application. This involves the setting up of suitable testing conditions, definition of test cases and/or technical criteria.
Level 1 (Follow)
Level 2 (Assist)
- Demonstrate awareness of testing principles and processes.
- Understand testing terminology.
- Test and debug software modules.
- Conduct unit testing.
- Understand testing methodologies and principles.
- Understand standards for testing.
- Execute test scripts.
- Report test results.
- Understand and apply IT system security for applications.
- Use a testing tool
Level 3 (Apply)
- Understand systems integration principles (i.e., the methods, practices and policies that are used during a systems integration process, including hardware, software, network, and applications).
- Understand release and certification processes.
- Prepare test cases/scripts.
- Carry out complex testing/validation (e.g., volume testing, integration testing).
- Ensure other applications are not affected.
- Match results with expectations in the design document.
- Troubleshoot/resolve issues.
- Implement test tools.
- Apply standards for testing.
Level 4 (Ensure)
- Conduct application testing.
- Conduct. complex series test scenarios.
- Prepare test plans and strategies.
- Research/test testing tools and make recommendations.
- Develop test practices.
- Implement and monitor standards for testing.
- Test standards.
- Understand the impact of testing on the environment and other tests being carried out.
- Ensure that the right/appropriate tests are being carried out.
- Mentor others.
- Guide application stakeholders in testing methods and tools.
Level 5 (Strategise)
- Manage integration testing.
- Set standards for cycle testing.
- Design testing methodologies.
- Develop test standards, best practices and policies.