Software Configuration (Solutions Architect)
Configure software products and apply scripts and automation tools to integrate and deploy software releases to various platforms and operating environments. This includes subsequent modifications to software configuration, based on outcomes of systems and/or configuration tests.
Level 1 (Follow)
Level 2 (Assist)
- Assist in designing, verifying, documenting, amending and refactoring moderately complex software configurations for deployment.
- Apply agreed standards and tools, to achieve a ell-engineered result.
- Collaborate in reviews of work with others as appropriate.
- Apply standard scripts and tools to deploy software products, and document release and deployment activities as well as modifications to software configurations.
Level 3 (Apply)
- Identify appropriate scripts and tools, and configure software products to run effectively on various platforms.
- Establish and revise an effective release and configuration plan.
- Evaluate configuration test results to recommend modifications to the product or deployment process.
- Design, verify, document, amend and refactor complex software configurations for deployment.
Level 4 (Ensure)
- Contribute to the selection of the software configuration methods, tools and techniques.
- Apply agreed standards and tools, to achieve well-engineered outcomes.
- Participate in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues’ work.
- Take technical responsibility across all stages and iterations of configuration development and deployment.
- Plan and drive software configuration activities. Adopts and adapts appropriate software configuration methods, tools and techniques.
- Measure and monitor the application of standards for configuration design and deployment including software security.
- Contribute to the development of organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for software configuration design and deployment.
Level 5 (Strategise)
- Develop organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for software configuration design, deployment and refactoring.
- Plan and lead software configuration and deployment activities for strategic, large and complex deployment projects.
- Develop new methods and organisational capabilities and drives adoption of, and adherence to policies and standards.