Execute and implement operational and tactical-level action plans in alignment with the organisation's business strategies.
Level 1 (Follow)
Level 2 (Assist)
- Receive and respond to routine requests for security support.
- Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
- Assists in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to access controls and security systems.
Level 3 (Apply)
- Analyse strategies for critical business functions to ensure plans are within risk mitigation factors.
- Investigates minor security breaches in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists users in defining their access rights and privileges.
- Performs non-standard security administration tasks and resolves security administration issues.
Level 4 (Ensure)
- Evaluate strategies for critical business functions to ensure plans are realistic and reflect health of business.
- Monitor the application and compliance of security administration procedures and review information systems for actual or potential breaches in security.
- Ensure that all identified breaches in security are promptly and thoroughly investigated and that any system changes required to maintain security are implemented.
- Ensure that security records are accurate and complete and that request for support are dealt with according to set standards and procedures.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of policy, standards, procedures and documentation for security.
Level 5 (Strategise)
- Develop policies, standards, processes, guidelines for ensuring the physical and electronic security of automated systems.
- Ensure that the policy and standards for security administration are fit for purpose, current and are correctly implemented.
- Review new business proposals and provide specialist advice on security issues and implications.